Friday, August 17, 2007

Recent Things I Did


1. Drove my mother to get new eyeglasses.
2. Went to the podiatrist where I had an appointment.
3. My mother, who had no appointment, got in to get her toenails trimmed before I got to see anyone! I had to see the doctor, but she only saw one of the nurses. In any case, she had to wait for me to get out, so I suppose it didn't matter. I just thought it was odd. Never put it past an old woman to out charm you!
4. Went to the Super WalMart and bought everything I could think of, and it didn't amount to much ($50). I must go there too often; half of that total was pills. I had meant to buy a clock/radio of some kind, but backed out. My ability to be Decisive is very unpredictable. Since I couldn't decide immediately, I decided to wait to decide! You ever do that? I think I am the Professional Unshopper.
5. Spent two hours with friends from out of town. Seemed like a very short visit, but I guess everything was taken care of. It's not as if it's Business where I should've had a written agenda.
6. Got my car registration.
7. Got car inspected. Duh, I'm legal again. Did I say Lethal?
8. Babysat today with 3 year old nephew John, who thinks he's Superman Spiderman Batman and Flash, one at a time. Oddly enough, he thinks my long shoehorn is Darth Vadar's green light saber and he won't turn loose of it! As you can see, he also steals my blue hat.


5 comments:

  1. Another facet! The diarist.

    Nice. Nice hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great day.

    All we've been doing is hanging out and watching the rain, hoping we won't have to flee for our lives next week under the wrath of Dean.

    -- P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day? That was my whole week! Except the time I spent watching cats have sex; I didn't mention that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sharp looking little fellow!

    That was quite a day...I often talk myself out of buying things too, but usually make up for it with something outrageous later.

    I have a trip to the podiatrists coming up as well...damn heel is killing me when I hike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the Podiatrist will tell you that you're old and need to spend time at home. I'd use such advice to smack down every do-gooder I know!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)