Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lucky Dog

Walking down the long sidewalk from the house to the garage (half of which contains this study from which I assault the world), I spied a young woman or girl who is not all that familiar to me, but I assume she belongs to the family at that nearby house. From her demeanor and calls, I concluded that she was calling her dog, though I couldn't see the dog. Suddenly she rushed forward toward the street and in a loud panicked, panicking voice cried out "Lucky, Lucky, no!" I thought she was about to see her dog get squashed before her eyes, but a split second later the dog appeared and so did the barely moving pickup truck that had nearly run over Lucky. The guy in the truck may have been shaken up, as he proceeded very slowly before resuming any kind of speed as if he was unsure if the dog had gotten out from in front of him. Meanwhile, the dog, playful and romping, was trying to tussle with the girl and she was not in the best mood in the world about it. I think if she'd been more muscular, she'd have picked the dog up and carried it under her arm at full speed! I didn't observe any more after that, though she and the dog may have had further conversation with one another. I'm sure the dog was never meant to have gotten out of the big fenced area in the back yard, but people are always driving too fast down that street, so if he gets out many more times, he will get squashed. I hope I don't have to clean it up.


1 comment:

  1. Lucky Lucky. Does a name like that have nine lives?
    Whew =/

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)