Friday, February 09, 2007

Little Girl Lost

Anna Nicole Smith is dead?! Will mysteries never cease? It would have no significance at all to the public if it wasn't just one more sensational event in a cascade of sensational events in her life! What could possibly be more sensational than one's death at 39? It's the classic path to martyrdom, no matter how one lived one's life. There's nothing left now but the lawyers, weasels, and vampires, and they will go on and on. Maybe it will be like Charles Dicken's "Bleak House" where the law case in the Court of Chancery went on until court costs ate the whole estate and left nothing!


7 comments:

  1. I hadn't the faintest idea who this woman was until all the publicity yesterday. I'm still not sure. I'd better come out of my hidey hole now and then - I must be missing stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad life, I think. I wonder what will happen to her 5 month old baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't care much for her antics alive, and her death has little to no meaning. I don't understand the obsession people have for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa: Precisely. I guess everyone wants a Marilyn Monroe or Princess Di sort of martyr, but Smith is a long way down the evolutionary scale from that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wacky Texas girl to make us all look like wacks. At least we don't have to hear about the love-crazed Astronut and her diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bleak House is probably my favorite Dickens book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's strange to read about her death -- it's all over the place! I swear the story just keeps getting weirder and weirder though

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)