Monday, February 05, 2007

Good Poems Get Buried Deep

Good poems get buried so deep on the Internet,
It seems like they may never be found again.
Nobody’s really looking very hard to start with
And then it turns out that they’re hidden
In heaps of other labeled stuff or on separate blogs
That are difficult to spot and trouble to sift through.

Who likes poetry so much any more
That they’ll search through heaps of crossed wires
And musty brittle baskets of old paper flowers
Just to find a few sweet candies
That somehow haven’t gone bad yet.
Even I don’t do all that any more!


In short, next time you read a good poem, leave a comment because you're probably never going back!!!

9 comments:

  1. Trouble is, no one enjoys a good poem anymore...unless you're over 40, maybe 50.

    The young folks these days are used to short text messages, short blog posts, with their short attention spands.

    Poems are too hard to interpret in just a "once over lightly." You have to roll them around your brain in order to get all the juicy flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here! I am officially "leaving a comment". There now! I came, I read, I went! However, I WILL be back....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite right, Mushy. It seems like life is changing, but we're just becoming the "old farts" and have to play our part.

    Next thing you know, Bruno, I'll get a visit from Arnold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's AHH-NULD to you, little-maawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    I liked the poem,
    and I like you, too;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does this appear on your blog:

    When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
    And it's Eastertime too
    And your gravity fails
    And negativity don't pull you through

    It shows up in Bloglines under your header title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that, BRUNO (spoken loudly), I just don't do accents very well! You know?

    Pucker up, Goddess, and I'll give you a small surprise!

    I might almost wonder about that, too, Mushy. For a brief period before I went to Beta, that piece of lyric from Dylan's song WAS the description on TRS. But no matter how long it's been and no matter that I've deleted and added the subscription to my own blog a couple of times, it lingers. It just won't go away! I rather like it, but it could make a few people's brains curl out there! How's your brain?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I recognized that...oh, I'm just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)