Saturday, February 03, 2007

Blogging Ain't Writing!

What if I get to where I can't blog about anything but blogging? What if my soul has been subsumed by Blogger?! Oh, wretched me!

Well, it could happen. May have already happened, but I wouldn't know it. Invasion of the body snatchers? Well, I'm waist-deep in the Big Muddy and the big fool (me!) says to push on!

I decorate too much. And to do that, I have to code too much. I thought I was gonna be a writer on this blog! What happened?! Has my soul been gnawed by rats? That's about it. And everybody I know on the Internet's been eating Jimson weed, so what does it matter? My long-time friends wouldn't know if I'd gnawed my own leg off and my Internet friends are too busy gnawing off their own. Can't get loose from this Blogger! What's that you say? Sold your soul to the company blog? Alas.

You could write something, but what would you write? A meme? Are those things meant to be about Me, Me, only Me? That's just blogging at it's worst! That's not what you meant to write. Not that T.S. Eliot and William Faulkner themselves would fetch a very high price around here. We are all in too much of a hurry, even if we had that taste for Literature.

Is this the end of the road? Oh, well. Somebody put on that Pee-wee Herman movie and let's pop some corn.

5 comments:

  1. I believe you're right. You have been swallowed whole by the Blogger monster, and now you can do nothing but selfish posts. Not that you weren't before, but....
    :D
    All you need to do is, um...
    Not blog!
    Or else just wait for the tide to turn, blogging meanwhile.
    Or just keep decorating. That always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another country heard from!

    What are those, anyway, green jelly beans?

    Diabetic heaven! Are they Jelly Bellies? I long for some. But I dare not start down that road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The interior decorator in you is CRYING to get out!! Don't stuff him down any longer, he yearns to breathe free!!!...says the woman who only moves her furniture once every five years;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you! Even people who HATE YOU send you "fan-mail"! Of course, if I were to be a fan of yours, I would make certain there was a rather large FART attached to it!!! (Get it? Fart, Fan, y'know---combined?) Awww, PISS on it...Hey, watch the damned wires, will ya'...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're YOUR crossed wires, too, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)