Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Intelligent Post from Zandria

My friend ZANDRIA wrote a good post about her sense of not feeling like an adult until lately as she arrived in her later twenties. It was probably more thought provoking to young women than to me--nonetheless, I thought about it some and in my usual snotty way had these thoughts below:

Ladies in their twenties worry about where they're going.
Ladies in their thirties worry about where they are.
Ladies in their forties worry whether they can keep up.
But in their fifties and beyond, they worry somewhat about where they've been because by then a lot of shit has been thrown at them and they're very busy. If they don't feel like a grownup by then and if they're very smart, I wish they'd quit fucking around and come see me! I'm at an age where age is not so important as just finding an amenable playmate--one who likes me and is foolish enough to say so.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts there, Ron! I'm glad my post gave you something to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm a genius, as long as I don't stray too far from home.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)