Sunday, July 13, 2008

Big Fuckin' Deal, Right?

I started on the Internet by teaching myself about html. I must have done about a million Google searches for various terms because I didn't know any sites at that time that could teach me or that would even introduce me to the proper terms. It's hell to guess one's way toward html when you don't know the jargon! So eventually I could do a website that got better and better. Still, that beat me up badly.

By the time I discovered blogs, I was so Proud of the website that I didn't think at first that the blog would amount to much. It was just a lark. Like other Newbies, I wondered how in the world I could write for it daily or even just regularly! Now I have 18 blogs, only 4 of them out in public view! Turns out that blogs were WAY more fun than the website and later I got so involved that I turned into a semi-expert about Blogger, so that one of my blogs, "Most Frequent Blogger Questions", consists of posts aimed at Newbies or at people who want to try something new and like to hear it from someone who remembers when it was hard to do! So of course I usually limit my advice to things that I've actually done myself. Every so often I give answers about things that I've only read about, but I try to make it clear that it's second-hand information

I no longer even maintain the website that I started with! I almost don't recall the name of the website! The Silver Bunny? Lonely Baloney? Uh, I'll think of it in a minute. Oh, yeah, it was "Southern Exposure" and it was presented in a sort of magazine format! Anyway, as Grateful Dead might say, What a long strange trip it's been! (And I ain't won no prizes yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)