Thursday, November 01, 2007

Shake The Goblins Off My Ankles

Life Is All The Same

I'll give those poems of yours a look, I said,
When I can shake these goblins off my ankles
Or goose my neck up far enough to take a gander!
Sometimes I get too damn caught up
In Blogger and its lost-child supplicants
And my own self-serving interest
In writing up those esoteric aspects
That I finally come to understand
In some eloquent post that only
Other bloggers will ever
Get the gist of or
Be so silly as to love—
So much for Ego, I admit;
It always takes it all.
The Poet in me doesn't understand
How I can fritter away so much time
With this, but it's true.
And understand myself just as well
When I waste or spend
(Call it what your will)
hours and weeks and years even
On a single poem that never really ends
And may never be read,
But that's the art I draw upon myself
Whether any witness knows my labor here or not.


4 comments:

  1. Hey if no else reads your poems, you know I always do.

    This one is really good. Straightforward and truthful, and yet I can so relate to it.

    Keep up the poetry man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know about you, true heart!

    Keep on skinnin' those rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There lies the quest of an artist, it never ends.

    Thank God.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)