Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hungry Recliners, Lazy Humans

Well, goddamn, I've been fooled and fucked. My old favorite pocket knife (Buck #501) wasn't lost this past year and more! It was hiding under a big recliner that nobody ever completely moved when vacuuming. It's hard to say if I was glad to see it or not since I'd already replaced it a few weeks ago with another locking-blade knife, a Winchester something-or-other. Sorta nice to have it, but if one remembers to carry one's knife in one's pocket, what the hell use is there for a spare? What WILL I do with two, and WHICH one will I carry? I love the old one, but am still shamefully enamoured of the shiny new one! Maybe some friendly thief will come and relieve me of the burden of this ownership and then I'll have to fall back on the old one? Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right! Maybe I'll become a collector like our friend Frustrated. No, I can't do that, I'm already collecting cheap hats. Bought another $2 hat yesterday--it's even a different style than the others, though similar enough. You wouldn't mistake it for a goddamn cowboy hat, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Hehehe, that is pretty funny! Say hi to your newest subscriber! :)
    Cindy
    www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Where do I know you from? Did I hit your car in the parking lot? Stuff happens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have already doubled your collection... and one more will have tripled it! Who else can make such a claim?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I have 2 or 3 others, though I never bought them, so I tend not to remember them all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)