Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ode to a Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat

Remarks By Jackie Kennedy

Can anyone understand how it is to have lived in the White House and then, suddenly, to be living alone as the President's widow?

He didn't even have the satisfaction of being killed for civil rights. it had to be some silly little Communist.

I don't think there are any men who are faithful to their wives.

I don't understand it. Jack will spend any amount of money to buy votes but he balks at investing a thousand dollars in a beautiful painting.

I want minimum information given with maximum politeness.

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much.

Sex is a bad thing because it rumples the clothes.

The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)