Monday, November 12, 2007

Send Brothers, Blogs and Money!

("The Shit Has Hit The Fan")

No, it hasn't! I am actually here to play, as always. It's blogging, and blogging has become a part of how I live. I can try to consider ads and such, but so far it has not taken. I was poor before I found blogging, I guess I can be poor some more. Wasn't that a novel? "Poor No More"! Song and book titles stick in my mind like bread crumbs with jelly. Read it as a teenager--something about Africa, but I can't remember what!

Oh, but should I have more ambition here, you ask? Or maybe it's I who ask. Yes, but it was always so, and I am still this poor Thing you see (or read), no better! Who knows? I have always been in need of a (nonexistent) older brother to straighten me out in these and other matters. Maybe he'd have gotten me laid more or drunk on my can more often. Or gotten me to vote Republican--naw, that would have been pushing his influence. But I have to guess at all that. All I ever had was some rambunctious cousins who were too close to my own age or too far away geographically to suit the bill as "big brother" substitute. I had a couple of "young" uncles, but that ain't the same, either! So on and on we go... That's ANOTHER song lyric. A kiss on the lips to whoever guesses what song or where it's from! (Ha--a poor prize, but mine own!)

So what was this post about--brothers, blogs or money? Even my memory is poor!

The book below even looks like the cheap paperback edition that I read as a kid!

4 comments:

  1. "So on we go - his welfare is my concern - no burden is he......"

    (He ain't heavy he's my brother)

    Do I get the kiss?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish, but no kiss. It's another song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the living proof that imagination never grows old.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)