Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh My

What Can We Do?


Oh my, how we sigh
When we attempt to keep an eye on ourselves
Or a rein on our grievous disposition
And not be insulting to anyone and keep our balance, too!
It can't be done, no matter how I thrive.
I may not deserve it,
But I get what's done,
I get what I've earned.
I promise now I'll try
To make my future expeditions slower
And keep my foolish expectations lower.
I'm sorry I was so nice at first
And turned out to be the kind of sorry soul
That resembled a boat on a stormy sea,
But cannot float, even in the calm of a wading pool.

1 comment:

  1. You're on a roll now ! This is another very good one, Ron. I've been there and done that. I can relate to those words, very easily. That's the mark of good writing - hold up a mirror. Most will see themselves, the others ought to. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)