Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Leaves, Hawkeye, 2 Wolves, 1 Sheep

I mowed and I weeded and there’s STILL leaves to get out of the ditch. There’s no end to this stupid stuff. I can't stand it. Change horses.

If I ever again want to be a card-carrying member of respectable book-reading society, I have GOT to finish this damn book. I checked out “Last of the Mohicans” for three weeks, then renewed it for another three and now I’m on the last 3 days of that. Surely, I can finish it now. I’ve read bigger books from start to finish in 2 or 3 days in the past. So what’s the holdup? Is the book no good? It’s the best book I ever took forever to read, that’s all I can say. (I LOVE Hawkeye, and I don't mean the one on MASH.) In the same approximate time since starting the book, I started learning HTML and writing a homepage and now I’ve started this blog, so it’s not that I’ve utterly misspent my leisure time. I’m just over-extended for a lazy man, that’s all. So, all dreck aside, my clever thought for the day (below) is somebody else’s:



"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on lunch." Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)