Thursday, March 04, 2004

JUST ANOTHER YAWN

It already seems like long ago and far away that Janet Jackson got everyone upset for showing off her nice round brown breast to America. I suppose that a large audience intent on watching intentional acts of semi-limited violence couldn’t help being disturbed by seeing unfamiliar female body parts. I suppose it suggested sexuality to their minds, thus interfering with their otherwise clear thoughts of touchdowns, body blows, and elbows to the groin. I suppose they have a right not to have sex and other dirt jump out at them without warning when they’re watching football; I only wish I could say the same about violence on TV, but it apparently has as sacrosanct a place in American entertainment and advertising as it has in American streets and is seldom objected to. I’d rather see hairy-assed plain-faced people fornicating on TV at all hours of the day and night than to have to keep watching the killing and the near-killing and the voyeuristic pretend-killing that is the actual fare of most television. But that doesn’t make Janet Jackson my hero. She's an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)