Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The Great Google Where's-My-Homepage Search

This is weird--after waiting a month, my Homepage finally showed up on a Yahoo search, thusly:

SOUTHERN EXPOSURE - Diatribes And Dreams, Alarms And Beauty
SOUTHERN EXPOSURE. Diatribes and Dreams, Alarms And Beauty. Rush Like Mad To Bottom. Last Update To Site: 03/03/04. Additional Links - Things You've Missed. Southern Exposure #007-February 11, 2004. Diatribe 02/11/04. EMMONS: Equilibrium of Lily Pads
users4.ev1.net/~ratsouthern - 13k - Cached

Somebody's search engine is working. I mean, their index is. I understand Yahoo's index is run by Google, but Google itself still can't find it! That's the left brain not connected to the right brain, if you ask me! I don't know what's going on. At the same time, though this blog was findable yesterday on Google, now it seems not to be, and seems to be findable on Yahoo only as some words in the Southern Exposure homepage.

But the fact that the blog has disappeared from Google makes me wonder if these things are stable. It makes me wonder if I am. I wonder if both will keep dropping in and out of the index? Maybe they're just not "stable" yet. I'll hope for that. Well, still, it was exciting to see the Homepage show up after waiting a month. But it may disappear tomorrow.

"This may all be a dream," someone said.

"Oh, yeah?" God said. "Try this for a dream, you silly twit," and gave the twit a toothache.


Excuse me, I have to go Search for my Rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)