Monday, March 08, 2004

Leaves and Grass

After a day like this, I always want to say that I’ve never raked so many leaves in my whole life, though the truth is merely that I haven’t raked so many since this time last year. It’s disgusting. Where I live, we can get away with burning yard debris, though I burn it in a barrel to keep things small and manageable. At times, this works well enough, but this day’s load of leaves just won’t burn fast enough and the reserve pile keeps getting bigger and bigger. Maybe I should bag up all this excess and put it out for the garbage truck tomorrow. But I’m sick and tired of these leaves for today, so do I pay the price today or pay it later? What’s the twisted old adage? Never put off for tomorrow what you can put off tomorrow? Animals don’t have this sense of delay, I don’t think; if it’s worth doing, they do it. But then, neither do they have to do very much planning, either. I plan to hang around like a lazy dog for the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow too. Oh, no, I have to mow and use the Weedeater, tomorrow! Damn those plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)