Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dingleberries


I just remembered this word from my childhood. I guess it was the fashion when I and my equally vulgar cousins were 12 or so. Oh, what is a dingleberry (somebody from another planet asks)!



American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
din·gle·ber·ry (dĭng'gəl-běr'ē) Pronunciation Key
n. Vulgar Slang

1. A piece of dried feces caught in the hair around the anus.
2. An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.


I won't say I haven't encountered the phenomena lately, just not the terminology. I certainly haven't heard anybody called one for decades! I think you have to hang around with a bunch of adolescent boys or insanely immature men to get those good old-fashioned Dingleberry conversations! In any case, it is a better insult than calling someone a prick or a cunt--those, after all, are just references to a body pant, not to an absolutely filthy condition that is utterly repugnant to anyone (except the adolescent boys and immature men).

If you have any good dingleberry stories, send them to Dear Abby, not to me!


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know definition #2 existed. I am glad to day my son doesn't yet know either one, but I figure he will. Those damn skid marks have to come from someplace worth talking about with his cronies in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I was just starting to "peck the keys"! Your last line saved me almost an entire minute that would have otherwise been wasted! And people say you don't care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd that's disgusting first thing in the moanin'....

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)