Friday, March 02, 2007

Blogger Crybabies

There are so many people who write to Blogger Help Group who claim that it is very important to get their blog back up online. People rely on them for this, that, and the other. Either people are waiting with baited breath for their pearls of wisdom or else the world's businessmen cannot do without their services! I sometimes wonder what all these very demanding people are doing on a FREE service that never promised them anything. Google/Blogger is a behemoth corporation who own everything that Microsoft doesn't own. Their corporate view is clearly aimed toward business, but the creatures they are concerned with are their advertisers, not whether you and I as bloggers are happy, productive, or fat. I have to say that, though I'd be mighty pissed and upset if I couldn't blog daily, there would be no downfall of civilization occur because of it. People who love me can live without me for great periods of time. They got along without me before they met me, and they'll get along without me now. The same is true of Coca-Cola and Daimler-Chrysler and all of Wall Street! Nobody out there is living off the hot air that I expell. If they were, they'd be fools. If they love me (or my trash), that would be very different. The oddity on Blogger Help Group is that we don't hear that complaint very often. I guess it's considered bad form to whine, "But my friends, they all LOVE ME! They can't do without me! Yeah, sure. I am not sanguine about how charitable Blogger really is, for the world moves on money and little else. So sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when they complain so vociferously in the forum. I suppose we all WANT WHAT WE WANT and it really isn't more complicated than that. How we came to rely on our blogs as we do on the air that we breathe, I don't know. Millions of people have learned that they love to scribble for friends and strangers, and now we can't give it up. We are Entertainers now, and must keep going!

So, if I am declared a Spam Blog tomorrow and smacked down out of the air like a lazy mosquito, you may have to live without me for days or weeks! Try to toughen your mind to that prospect and be prepared to suffer. You will all miss me, but you WILL survive! Got it? I hope so. I'm getting tired of all these thousands of crybabies at once. Besides, they're harder to cheer up or please than a couple of real babies or infants, and God knows that that's a task!


9 comments:

  1. Phew! I am so glad you didn't include Diet Pepsi in that list of shit we can do without....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sage...no wonder we can't survive without you. Only you can put into words what we don't even exists in our minds.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goddess, don't be such a junkie! Mushy, don't be such a junkie! I hope your typing is painless or at least that you have plenty of legal junk for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least I still hate your guts!

    (Shit---I forgot he knows my primary e-mail address!)

    I take it the Blogger T-shirt was a size too small, huh? Seriously, I do agree with 95% of what you said. But I still hate you.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be manly, Bruno! (If I knew what you meant by that, I'd know what I meant!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm kinda hard to cry about a free service. You are very right. "Everyone wants something for nothing"

    The blogger cry babies need a giant can of reality smackdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People have to get upset, I guess, when they finally realize that they don't have complete control over their blogs. But no one on the Internet does! You can OWN your own domain, but it's not like the blog is in Fort Knox! It's in a damn computer somewhere, and not one that's nicknamed "FortKnox".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would hate for that to happen to me though :( I love my obnoxious little blog.... would hate to see yours go down too oh wise one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I like about the Internet, L; I can get respect I otherwise would have to blackmail, kill, cajole, and beg for!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)