Saturday, January 20, 2007

20 Things I Wasted Time On

I always used to say that there was nothing you could do with Time but waste it. People would look at me like I'd stepped on their foot. I still believe that no matter what you do, you can't save it! So I was thinking about this silly shit and thought I'd make a list of the twenty things I've wasted the most time on in my life. At different times, I've wasted time on:

  1. pinball machines
  2. comic books (collecting them when I was over 18)
  3. tennis
  4. Playboy magazine
  5. canasta
  6. chess (if only for the amount of time!)
  7. not asking women out right away
  8. being heart-broke after going out with women
  9. fear of bullies
10. waiting at railway crossings
11. getting my zipper stuck
12. in bed moaning after "all-you-can-eat" outings with my buddies
13. worrying about what might be unlucky for me
14. worrying about looking stupid
15. smelling bad (when I could have just washed!)
16. swimming underwater
17. anxious about house noises when alone
18. in doctor's offices without a book to read
19. waiting for boring school classes to end
20. waiting for a chance to see eternity improve



I forgot to mention that I wasted Plenty of time as an audiophile, collecting music and equipment like a miser! So I guess that's #21. No more! Not even if I did play a lot of marbles as a kid! That's all in the past! I can't remember it. You can't prove it happened. Not a single photograph of me with a marble in my hand or mouth. Damn, I've got to get out of here while the getting's good!


7 comments:

  1. Somehow I just knew that you would throw #20 in there! Kinda like a trademark, huh? But I guess it will make you grow old, 'cause I don't see it happening in MY lifetime........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call it a Pet Phrase--I have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, I liked it.But Playboy mag was a waste of time???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now I still collect comics and I'm a hell of a lot older than eighteen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can identify with all but 6 and 15.

    Never smart enough to strategize and too much of a clean freak to stay dirty long. When I worked, I took 2 showers daily. However, part of it was being lazy...easier to wash your hair and shave in the shower than at the sink.

    I've also spent way too much time waiting on people to show up that said they were coming.

    Now, I'm thinking about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goddess, you can spend Too much time on anything. I didn't just whack off and read the articles, I collected them for a while, and that is another waste!

    Nobius, same to you; it was one of my wastes of time because I obsessed about it!

    Mushy: now there's a waste of time I left out, blogging and websites! Html will bore your pants off and blogging will kill you! But I'm gonna leave those topics to you for now. Makes me shiver!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm html bored your pants off? I would have thought Playboy would have been the thing to get you out of your pants...LOL.

    I've never collected any mags. There are some that I love to read and I--GASP!--am guilty of tearing out and savin articles and pics, but rarely EVER the entire mag. Now Female Offspring #1 on the other hand, has mags from the 1980's that she "hasn't gotten around to reading yet..."

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)