Thursday, July 29, 2004

Just A Poem

Today I have just a poem, but a poem that has long meant much to me. It meant a lot to me at the beginning, but I have now worked on it so long in pencil drafts and typewriter drafts and computer drafts that there is no telling if it is really the 15th version or the hundredth and no telling if I love it because it's good or because it's sucked my brain and soul out now and then for the past 28 years. It was once very much about a particular woman--these days, I'm not so sure if that's still the case. I remember her, of course, but not as well as I once did. These days, I remember the woman in the poem better. I don't know if that's good or bad. I suspect it's now a matter of indifference. The only thing of importance to you is if the poem is any good.  
Read a poem
called
HORSE LATITUDES

in JUDY GARLAND BLUES,
my etiolated poetry blog for new & used poems




No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)