Friday, October 29, 2004

Don't Fix It If It Ain't Broken

This Monitor Is Just Old And Sick

The other day I mentioned my monitor was dead. So it was. So far I've obtained one for free that's ten years old or more. It looks all right, but it does not match very well with my computer. I know about changing the resolution, but nothing I've tried so far will adjust the size so that it's right. In this Blogger editing screen, for instance, I can't fit the editing screen onto the screen unless I change the Internet font size to something very small. So I have to zig-zag back and forth, left to right, to work on this page. It's not impossible, just troublesome. I think it looks normal out there, just not at this end. Let me know if you see any oddities or anomalies.

I'm a proponent of the rule of thumb, "Don't fix it if it ain't broken," but sadly I also follow the rule that if it is broken and I can get by just fixing it with a rubber band or a piece of gum three times a day, I'll do that, too. I'm just a sick sad bastard, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)