Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bald Women and Bald Facts

So much of what I watch/listen to on videos the last couple of months has been reviewing artists that were already my "favorites"--Bob Dylan, Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez. Once in a while, I stray out of the areas where I have already trampled the grass down to the ground. That's the case (untrampled grass, I mean) with listening to Sinead O'Connor in various incarnations lately.

I've seen her solo (both young and older), I've seen her with some of the Pink Floyd boys, with The Chieftans, and there's more than I have yet to watch. I used to be able to say that I liked her singing, but had never heard much of it; now or soon I'll be able to claim I've heard a lot of her singing. She has many interesting song choices, including "House of the Rising Sun" and "Silent Night" (yes, that one). And I still like it all. I don't even mind the videod interviews! I think she's rather sweet, even if she's not an angel. I'm a harsh person and never thought she was an angel and was never one to mistake the Pope for God On Earth, either.

I wish we'd all grow up, but I'm not holding my breath.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sinead. I used to listen to her "I Do Not Want" album over and over. I need to dig it out again. A friend of mine named her daughter after her but she corrupted the spelling to Shanade.

    As for people growing up - don't hold your breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For most of us, growing old has preceded growing up. So it's too late to worry much about it.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)