Sunday, October 28, 2007

Overheard Near The Four Corners Fence Line

One of the neighbors was greeting the new neighbor, who'd just introduced himself.

"I just now noticed that those plants are gone on your side of the fence," Oldham said.

"You mean those Pampas Grass things? Yeah, I tore them out of there first thing yesterday--hate those things worse than monkey grass!" said Newman.

I never liked the idea much myself," Oldham said. "They grow up to be enormous. Then they're hosts for fire ants, wasps, mice, rats, any kinda pests, you name it!"

Newman nodded and said, "Lizards, too. They scattered in every direction when I started digging and pulling each one up!" he laughed.

"That's a new one on me," Oldham grinned. "But they eat some insects, so I guess they can't be categorized as pests!"

"Guess not," Newman laughed. "Better get back to work now."

Yeah, better."


2 comments:

  1. Them lizards are good eatin'! Okay maybe not but I like to have them around, especially geckos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate 'em, but if they don't come inside, I don't kill the sons of bitches! They're dumber than a chicken, if you ask me; at least a chicken will shy away if move toward them or make a threatening motion--not a lizard, though! What balls! And when I think of a lizard having balls, i just get CRAZY MAD!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)