Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Breath And Tears

Doctor, doctor, tear it out,
Please don't leave without, but I know
Those cleansing tears of yours will fail,
Will bear me down
And obstruct my breath,
No, don't pretend it's all okay
And don't assume you cannot say
Anything of any value just because
You're on the way downtown
Or to the country club.

All your humanities have been killing me
And I wonder could it be because my insides or my feet
May be as bloated as a pillow
Or as numb as a train wreck
Or as feeble as my dead intent...


3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That's a painful one, Ron.

    Your doctor's bedside manner could use some improvement! Send him to me - I'll sort him out. :-)
    I assume your Dr. is a he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, I felt that. Hope you're bearing up, hon - don't let the buggers get 'ya down. x

    ps. I'm outta here for a bit, but you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)