Sunday, July 01, 2007

Foreign Language Surprise

I didn't retain it for long, so I don't know what it was. I mean by that that someone left me a comment in Spanish (which I do not speak). I deep-sixed it, though not without first trying the Babel Fish translator program on it. It was, as is usual with the translator program, about half-nonsense. I thought it might have been some poetry, though I think the damn translator just has that effect when it doesn't do a good job. Anyway, I didn't know what it was about or who had sent it; it might have been genuine and sincere, but I treated it as a suspicious package and "blew it up". I mean by that, it never got past the "moderator" step. Hope I didn't kill off Spain or Mexico's most famous poet. If I did, though, what damn business did they have writing to me?! If they're so smart, can't they tell that I'm unstable?!

You have to consider these things carefully, Dude.

END.


3 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, I just deleted a comment tonight, though not quite for the same reason.

    Someone seemed to be writing to my site as if I were Sam Hamill, the poet I was discussing.

    When I tried to explain, the address given turned out to be invalid (big surprise there).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given the comment the ax as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes one encounters Twilight Zone theme music in the background around here (the Internet)!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)