Saturday, August 12, 2006

More Sidebar Squiggles And Antiquities

I don’t know it, but I suspect my sidebar has become too long for new visitors to pay much attention to it. Maybe old visitors don’t pay it much mind, either. But that’s what I assume, that familiar visitors know whether after reading the newest post they have any use for the 10 “Most Recent Posts” or for the color bars or for the “Categories List” or for “The Pretty Good Ones”. It’s hard to imagine that anyone is interested in all my “stuff”, and certainly not if they’re new to my blog. Like many blogs I’ve seen, mine demands a good deal of attention on your part to see it all and you might be tempted to blur your eyes and shake your head when you encounter my sidebar. I won’t say it’s not colorful, nor that it’s not full of Yippity-yap. Guilty on both counts. I’ve got everything but blinking lights! But I think I have some of those on Southern Exposure!

I used to try every HTML trick I could find. Now I’m a slouch. One reason I’ll never become a Real expert about blogger questions is that I don’t care for some of the topics and thus don’t much want to know how they work. It’s a terrible fault, but that’s the way it goes. My Help blog will never be complete. But hopefully it’ll still do a lot for the new bloggers.

One thing I didn’t figure out or even notice until lately: The 10 Most Recent Posts does keep working itself backwards if I select one of the 10. Not only is the post I select to read on a different page, but that new page's sidebar lists the NEXT set of 10. I never did really use this feature, but I guess I may like it and keep it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)