Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Infatuation

More Notes from Dogger

What do you do when you fall in love with someone you can’t tell it to? With someone you can’t mention to anyone else, either? Someone so lovely that you don’t really care if you love her or not! Maybe it’s not love, maybe it’s more precisely infatuation. But even that feels nice. Arf arf! It ain’t so bad, you know. Maybe I’m a fool, but what’s new about that? How can I slide half a planet round and be with her? Or just down there to the uptown street or up on the downtown side? It’s not feasible. Nothing about it will work. I have egg on my face even before breakfast, that’s all.

I fall into infatuation pretty often, I guess.


2 comments:

  1. And when you're infatuated with someone, do you tend to giggle around them a lot like moi? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, grin like an idiot, but that's as good as a giggle most of the time, isn't it? For us manly men?

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)