Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Is everyone circling the wagons for Christmas? It seems to have started, at any rate. Some people have already announced a Holiday Absence. Not me. If you don't hear from me, it'll just be because I'm puking tired of being so talkative! Uh, and empty-headed, too. Can't think of jackshit to write about. There IS world peace, of course, but how convincing would an American be on that subject just now, anyway? I'm afraid somebody might beat me to death with a dead Iraqi if I got up on that soap box! I may come from the Decider's home state, but that doesn't go very far; I can't convince him not to shit where he lives, much less to let bygones be bygones. George don't play that; he's a cheerleader and a chipmunk, sinks his teeth in and never lets go. Better just to leave it alone. Don't make waves. Never make a fuss when it's Christmas. We always kill a few people over the holidays, even if it's just on the highways.

I've got a holiday dinner to go out of town for tomorrow, though. Hopefully, nobody will crash on the way there or get poisoned while we're there. I already am poisoned, but I'll survive. At least, I have so far.


6 comments:

  1. What?! People are going away for Christmas? Well, that's just *bullshit*! I shall be here toiling away at Christmas dinner then we'll all be spending the afternoon getting our stomachs pumped, as per usual holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought I'd just sit here and read your blog for Christmas...

    Love it!

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People should be required to post over Christmas, simply to keep me entertained, in my opinion.

    Just wanted to say thank you for the great advice on finding a chached version of my blog in order to recover the links which I so stupidly deleted. You are my hero, man, and have saved me hours of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you fix that leaky tire you were bitchin' about a couple days ago, yet?

    Well, DID YOU? Probably HELL NO!

    Later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear B's:

    Thanks for the kind words, Becca and Barbara!

    You, Bruno, put a sock in it (no, no repairs yet!).

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)