Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can

(But I'm Not Selling Any Kisses!)

There's a nice juicy June bug dead on the floor and I'm so glad he's dead! He was flying around me a minute ago, dive-bombing my mouth and eyes. Tough luck, old bugger; you shoulda stayed away from The Bug Man!

I've been posting away like mad lately and some of it is even written by me—in between the famous poems, quotations, and songs! I know the quality of my work is not up to what it once was. Maybe even before I got sick six months ago and the hurricanes came, the quality had dropped a little. Secretly, I know that part of the problem is that the great treasure trove of note files I've collected over the years has begun to run thin. I've picked over most of the good ones and all the ones that might pan out when fluffed up just a little. The work gets harder and harder while I get feebler and feebler!

Am I going to quit? Fudge, no! I've got my retirement now (piss-ant pittance, but mine!) and I don't know if I can outlive any of the doctors to whom I owe so much money, but I guess they hope so, maybe even as much as I hope so.

Meanwhile I'm on the computer too much. I should go somewhere, but I don't. When I think of somewhere good, I'll go. Meanwhile, I'm too feeble to give a shit. Recently I've "wasted time" in the Blogger Help Group, answering questions and making remarks. Only once have my remarks made someone mad as hell, and I figure that's a pretty low rate for me. Sometimes I piss everybody off in real life! I already knew the answers to some simple things, but I've taken to researching the questions and making Notepad notes about how to do it in blogger. So now, if somebody asks about their sidebar misbehaving, I have a standard file with which to answer and then later I can check his or her link (if they remembered to leave one) and see if I can say anything more specific. I have about 20 blogger-tip files like that! I guess it's my new treasure trove. Fiction and reminiscence are better, but what the hay.

It's amazing how many people beg for answers, but don't initially leave their link or blog name! If I know their link, I can view their Source code and figure out a little. But when you're new at Blogger, you're as new as a babe and subject to constant fury and constant instruction from others while your head gets ready to burst! I remember being that way (sometimes I still am) and I feel sympathy for people who can't figure out where to get a straight answer. Not that I'm always the one with the best answer. There are other "experts" answering questions, too. I figure a "newbie" can choose between us; if one makes more sense than another, then that's the one to go with.

I'm not really an "expert", just somebody who can't stop interfering with others' techie troubles. It ain't very techy in truth, but it is to them! I seldom explain to people that I research their question after seeing it and then answer it later as if I knew all the time. Just so they'll think I'm smarter than I am. Strangers In The Night, you know, may think you were handsome or brave or smart… Who's going to set them straight on it when they go their way back to their own little blog worlds?

I've had a chance to see some blogs that would never have passed my way, though I've seen none that aren't similar to others I've seen. Some are nicely written; others just look good. I don't really know how long I'll keep doing this on Blogger Help Group. Maybe I'll collect all the advice in a blog some time in the future, and then I'll quit! But one blogger has already started some very good work giving tips like these on Blogger For Dummies. He has borrowed at least once from my info and I've certainly referred a number of times to his site. I don't know him, but I know he does good work. Maybe there's two or three of him! (See, that soothes my big lazy ego!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)