Monday, July 04, 2005

That Damn Hole — Part Three Of The Saga

More Water Well Disaster

After being ok for a couple of days, this morning the hole I dug is full of water. A slow leak, I presume, from that same section of water hose, for everything was dry yesterday around 6 or 7 pm. I may or may not dig it up again. My uncle passed by and said to call him when I got it exposed if I couldn't figure out the deal. He’s acting like he might help to decide what’s to be done, as he was talking about possibly running a new water line. We’ll see about that. I was actually hoping to just quit on it. I don’t want a new job. Or the same old job all over again!

If my couplers or clamps weren't tight enough, I can presumably deal with that. If the brittle old hose has sprung a new leak, I could replace the hose all the way to the hyrant at one end, but the hose in the other direction would be too long to dig out, at least for me. So the probability of needing a whole new water line is more than small, I’d think. But I don’t know and I don’t think I want to know.

I’m starting to feel a little bit like I’m being pissed on by Planet Earth. This afternoon it rained and further muddied the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)