Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bloglines Redux

Plumbers Again?!

I swore last week that I was fed up and would be getting rid of Bloglines. I had tried their advice once, to cancel each of my subscriptions and then to renew them one at a time. That voodoo didn't work for long and just made me mad as hell. However, I saw later (you will have to try to forgive this word on my lips) that they were offline for a while, claiming that the Bloglines Plumber was at work fixing things up. Aagh! Why they had to use that word, I don't know. It suggested to me that they'd probably put somebody in charge of that job about as competent as I was. Such may be the case, but I decided to try it all one more time. I killed each subscription; I renewed each subscription.

Mind you, those of you who are unfamiliar, I'm not talking about subscriptions that cost anything, just something that costs me some time filling out a very short form for each website I want to be notified about when there's a new post there. The other time that I tried this fix worked, yet ceased to work after a day or two. This time, a week has gone by and nothing's gone wrong yet, and I've got my fingers crossed. The real thing I learned in all this is not so much how Bloglines works or how to repair it, but how addicted I am to having the advantage of it! I was going nuts without my Blog helper helping me keep it clear which websites I needed to check and which I didn't! I guess I have about 30 blogs I keep track of and that's too many to do by my memory alone or by luck. I'm vaguely sorry that I'm a pitiful junkie like this, but I must have my blogs in a timely manner! I'm getting older and guesswork won't do! I much prefer saving the time and checking them only when they have new stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)