Monday, May 10, 2004

Post Glitch Three, Four, Five--I Lost Track

Dearly Beloved: After futzing and fussing and cussing with it off and on through the day, now after all day, I can say I resolved it, even if I didn't solve it.

I figured out which part of the code Blogger could not stomach. It glitched every time I tried to show the code that one uses to create the formatted permalink. It apparently thought I was trying to do a nasty on the White House lawn.

I finally changed the representation of the code after trying everything else that was sensible. All the HTML references I read indicated I was doing it right, but Blogger wouldn't accept it without kicking my poor rat around. Blogger is sorta vaguely HTML, but isn't precisely HTML, I've concluded. Which leaves me not knowing when it might do this again! There is no book for WHEN BLOGGER WILL GLITCH, not that I've found so far. The upshot of this is that ALL THIS CRAP was the post for the day!

Tune in tomorrow for the actual (Gasp!) stupid detailed instructions on how to set up a permalink. Two or three of you out there may want to know. One or two more may want to see how much can be made of so little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)