Friday, May 14, 2004

On A Mission From God

"Make way, we're on a mission from God!" Wasn't it Elwood's brother Jake who said that? Something like that.

I don't play much with religion. I stay away from preachers—by and large, I would expect to find them too predictable and tight-assed. However, I guess there's always a few intelligent ones out there, and I have found one at REAL LIVE PREACHER.

This one is a good writer and appears to be a pretty good guy. I haven't tried to read all of his past posts, but all of what I've read was enjoyable. He's had some success already, starting with the fact that his blog is on Salon.com and he apparently has a book deal going, too. But his main success is that he writes a pretty sincere and skillful blog every few days. I doubt I can add much to his success with my recommendation and I don't believe I'm on a mission from God, but I thought some of you who could enjoy his blog might not have heard of him yet. I hate sending good customers to another vendor, though. If you don't come back here after reading his blog, I'll give your name and address out to some of the regular boring, pushy, never-give-up preachers and they'll fix you. They'll ruin your life!


Read a short story called ABBIE HOFFMAN DIED in GATSBY'S BLUES, a story blog for the Morally Deficient and the Lost And Found of my fictional world. This new feature will be an infrequent one; certainly not a daily one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)