Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Grin And Bear It

I don’t want to write another blog. Not today. In fact, I don’t intend to. You can’t make me. I’m tired, very tired. Go look at a topical blog, Jeremiah’s Bull , a web site that I redesigned for Jeremiah. It isn’t rocket science and it’s not the Mona Lisa, but it’s a nice thing. He seems to appreciate it, anyway. Jeremiah doesn’t update very often, a habit I’m trying to get him to change. At his best, he is focused like a laser beam on these topical subjects. Other times, he is merely right. Most times, he’s a lazy sonofagun and won’t write for weeks at a time.

I only hope Jeremiah got around to deleting one of the two copies of his post for yesterday. If he didn’t, just consider it a little bad housekeeping on his part! I warned him by late email last night, but it may have been after his bedtime. He gets up early, though, and maybe he’ll have fixed it before the rest of us can hit the snooze alarm the first time. Maybe he’ll resent my sending The Gang over without fair warning. But, hell, there is no fair warning on the Internet! It’s like brushing your teeth in public—you may or may not be able to do it with any elegance, but you’ve done it nonetheless.

My butterfingers produced two identical posts like that once upon a time when I was up late and the goblins were at work against me. I don’t know how I did it; I just know I hated it. But what can you do? Probably no one even saw it before I corrected it, but as everyone knows, especially people brushing their teeth in public, shit happens. So grin and bear it. Or shoot me for being a purveyor of clichés.

And what’s worse is, I’ve written another blog.


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: "When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.” -- R. Buckminster Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)