Sunday, January 22, 2006

Full Speed Ahead, Damn The Weekends!

I hate the weekends, don’t you? Well, maybe you don’t.

I find the weekends to mostly be bare of phone calls or emails or other human contact, so they’re just no fun. Even good television is pretty rare, unless I count that odd FBI show “Numb3rs”. Anyway, it’s a wonder I don’t just sleep through the whole weekend in order to hurry it along. But I don’t. I check my mail boxes (snail and electronic) endless times, look out the back door, check the cordless phone to see if it’s charged. If I weren’t so sick, it’d be pitiful. Maybe it’s pitiful anyway! But I have been sick and I tire easily. My eyesight’s still a little too poor for me to drive, so I can only catch rides with others. Reading a book or magazine is still a chore. (I’m typing now with 24-pt. Times New Roman.) And bird-watching, my old favorite thing, has slipped through the cracks because it’s such work!

Finding something I can see clearly is always work these days, but weekends are even worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)