Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bank On It

Odd how everything is about my being sick lately, no matter whether I’m thinking about it or not. One day this week I went to the credit union to get some papers done and notarized, but I had to sign in and wait a little while. I wasn’t in any hurry, but I do tire pretty easily when I’m just standing around. I’d do better if there was someplace to walk to than just be standing. There were some chairs in the waiting area, but people were in them. I must have been staring at those seats hungrily or something, for it wasn’t long before I noticed one 20ish or 30ish young woman had risen from her seat beside her older companion and offered it to me! I don’t know if I looked that old to her or that feeble, but the fact was I did want to sit down, so I thanked her and then sat down. It wasn’t long before my name was called and I stated my business at the counter and they got it done in no time. By the time I left the credit union, the young woman and her older companion had gone on, maybe elsewhere in the bank or to the parking lot. I guess these days if I don’t feel frail or feeble on my own at any given moment, I can almost bank on it that something will happen to remind me of it.

She was a nice young woman, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)