Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fat Man's Skinny Ass

Went to my primary physician today and discussed many things. He seems to think my symptoms of no-appetite and weight loss might stem from the gallstones indicated during my small bowel x-rays. So, too, it might be a cause of acid reflux and the esophogitis that has me frequently choking on my food and on pills—something that's no good for my appetite! They're going to do more blood work now, including for the kidney. Got a prescription for blood pressure pills that had heretofore been covered by free samples; nothing lasts forever. At least he noted that my blood pressure was now good. Also got a prescription for something that's supposed to increase one's appetite. Let me at 'em! I'd love to have some of that! The doctor took my poverty into consideration by making sure to give me generic drugs and a discount on the lab work. I thanked him for that, just to keep that wheel greased. I also informed him of the state of my retirement papers and plans for a Disability claim. I left some Disability papers with him which are meant for him to fill out for some medical panel in Austin who will never see me in person. Whoopee.

One funny moment of our conversation had to do with my inquiring if all the skinny people in the world hurt all the time from sitting on their skinny butts without any padding! Prior to my recent weight loss, I told him, I'd never even been aware of my tailbone! He explained that people who have always been slim are accustomed to it and are probably nowhere near as conscious or uncomfortable as I am, having suffered significant recent weight loss. I guess that may be true, but I sure feel like mine is sensitive and even brittle, that if I sat on it just a little harder, it would break off! Not to put too fine a point on it, I sure wish I had some of my fat ass back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)