Saturday, January 07, 2006

Blood Before Breakfast

When I resumed being able to see just well enough to test my blood sugar in the evenings without having someone else guide my blood droplet to the test strip, I never did resume taking it in the morning as well. I hated that idea, mostly because I am always out of sorts (barely awake) in the morning and very fumbling as well.

So this morning I finally made that effort again and it was a bitch. I had to stab myself 5 or more times (ouch, my fingers!) to get a good droplet and had to use 2 test strips, but I did finally get a blood sugar reading of 108. I guess that was reassuring, since many of my recent evening numbers have been so much higher (for instance, 120 or 130). If I didn't have to take that morning reading before breakfast, it'd be simpler for me since I'm almost awake and cognizant by the time it's after breakfast! But it's not really negotiable and I'll just have to learn to adjust to it again.

I am still sick (fatigued and losing weight), but will gladly admit it to you if that condition ever begins to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)