Saturday, October 15, 2005

Random Notes

I forgot to mention I’m down to 169 lbs. now. That’s about 9 more unintended lost lbs. That’s not too skinny, but any more would be so, I think. I think I need to start eating 6 meals a day or something, if I can. What’s fattening that’s not full of sugar? Diabetes is such fun.

The tree limbs are mostly trimmed now, for $800. Yipes. Still, it was a good price for all the work. I think there may be a couple that were missed, but the work crew is gone now. I’ll figure it out. It almost looks back to normal, but all the dragging limbs around with their tractor scraped a great deal of grass away, so there’ll be but small lawn for a while. Tree limbs are now all in the ditch, so hopefully the county will send trucks to pick it up soon. That’s what they said to do with it, and I have seen some get picked up that way. If the rains come first though, there may be flooding, one would think.

There’s shit to be straightened out. One garbage can was semi-crushed by falling limbs and won’t straighten out. Need to throw it away. How do you throw away a garbage can? Some trash that’s not mine needs to go; junk that blew here during Rita, like some Igloo brand water coolers and so forth. No one’s come looking for them, and the containers don’t have lids, so it’s garbage to me. I don’t think I'll have anything missing, since I put lawn chairs and other small items in the garage and locked them up before we evacuated. Some heavy stuff, like lawn swings, got their canvas parts shredded and may have to be disposed of. I don’t think that far ahead. Garbage trucks are just now starting to run on time; it ran yesterday and took the last of the spoiled food away. Yay, Jesus! I’ve still never looked closely at the climbing toys and sand box for my sister’s grandkids, so they may or may not be all right.

The freezer’s finally gone. The guys I gave it to came and got it without a word. Good enough. The end of a bad epoch.

I’ve been raking up pine straw and twigs and limbs out of the sand and am bushed. It didn’t take long to tire me out. Half an hour, at most. I tried burning some, but they don’t burn fast enough. I’ll see if more can be squeezed into the ditches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)