Friday, October 21, 2005

Cable And All That Crap

I go on and on with the cleanup of tree trash, the leaves, pine straw, oak and pine limbs and branches. The long ditch beside the house is full of them, making a wheelbarrow load ever foot or two that I move forward. I’ve raked some, and where it’s heavy, I use the pitchfork to get it. This pitchfork is actually too short, but I’m near enough to the end of the task not to go buy a longer one now. But I should have done it. My physical fatigue may not be all that much worse, but my mental fatigue certainly is. I’m tired of all this shit. I’m not alone in living without cable or in being a witless idiot because of that deprivation, but I’m ashamed too because some people are still without electricity after hurricane Rita! Americans are wonderful creatures; we whine because the gold plating came off our faucets and other such silliness. If I had cable I’d be more aware there’s been a major earth quake somewhere in Pakistan-Indian and that tens of thousands are dead and that many more are suffering more than I can dream about. God forgive the Americans for their suffering without their bloody damn cable TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)