Sunday, February 20, 2005

Actresses, Part Two

My cousin JW emailed me and had these to add to my previous list--not bad!

Laraine Day
Audrey Hepburn
Lauren Becall
Katherine Hepburn
Betty Grable
Ginger Rogers

I answered thus:

Yes, except

Laraine Day was good-lookin', but never got me very excited. Unless you got some films or photos I haven't seen! Like maybe in a pair of tight short pants?

Audrey Hepburn was very beautiful, but didn't get me hot. I didn't miss her when the movie was over. She very seldom seemed sexy, though she seemed like a very nice and lovable woman. Maybe my head is fixated in my youth, when she just seemed way too skinny to me! I grew up in the age of Marilyn Monroe, after all.

Lauren Bacall was very nice when she was young and juicy, but mostly looked like hell to me as she got older. Maybe she didn't get the right roles any more. Other people just kept liking her, but I was not one of them.

Katherine Hepburn I used to say that she was "beautiful at any age", but then she got rather extremely past the 60-something she was when I first said that! She was still Great, of course.

Betty Grable and Ginger Rogers Oh, yeah, I forgot these two girl-next-door sexpots! They were Hot even when the characters they played were so steeped in virtue!
Goodbye, Sweet Sandra Dee

Having heard that she died today at age 62, I regret to say that I didn't have Sandra Dee on this list of questionable honor. I liked her very much, nonetheless, without thinking of her as the greatest of sexpots or actresses. I would have wished her longer life and more of whatever she liked, but nobody asked my opinion about it.
"If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead." Johnny Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)