Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Save The TV Sets

I finally got around to requesting my coupon worth forty bucks for a digital-TV converter from the gummint, though I understand I'm shit out of luck 'cause they're out of money. If they send it, you gotta use it within 90 days or it self-destructs like a mission-impossible tape. I only have one old TV that I never watch until I come back from some goddamn hurricane evacuation and discover that there' no cable to go along with the electricity--then I suddenly need the sorry piece of shit. I also thought it would be amusing to force the Feds to spend 40 bucks on a TV that isn't really worth two dollars. I suppose I have a depraved sense of humor sometimes, but I don't care.

Let Wall St. go to hell. Let the automakers go with them! Let all the beef and chicken go bad! Just don't let the goddamn TV industry fail us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)