Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hobgoblins

For several years, since my illnesses began, I got into the habit of sleeping with a night light in my bedroom. It started out as something to calm my nerves, but lately became merely a means of avoiding having to blind myself with a regular light when I get out of bed during the night! Last week the small bulb burned out and I can't remember to buy a new one, so for a few days I left the closet light on and shut the door most of the way. Last night, I made sure that I could reach my small flashlight and the bedside lamp, then dived into the darkness. No hobgoblins under the bed, no monsters in the closet! Not even a small grass snake under the bed covers. Maybe I'll remember to buy a new light bulb, maybe I won't. At least now, it won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)