Monday, January 21, 2008

In Love With A Dead Women, Oh My My


Sandy Denny

Speaking of other good YouTube recordings, take a listen to and a look at this recording of Sandy Denny's Who Knows Where The Time Goes and see if it doesn't make you bite your tongue that she died in 1978 at the age of 31.



It blows me away.



Who Knows Where The Time Goes

Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time
For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?
Sad, deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know it's time for them to go
But I will still be here, I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time
For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?
And I am not alone while my love is near me
I know it will be so until it's time to go
So come the storms of winter and then the birds in spring again
I have no fear of time
For who knows how my love grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty lady singing a pretty song...where does it all go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty heartbreaking about her. I didn't run across any recordings until long after she was dead. It's very sad that there have been so many people like her who don't get to bask in any notoriety while they are alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! A lot of other people sang her song, some very good, none better--she nailed it. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)