Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Chubby Traveller

I met her at a bus station one night
On the way to God knows where.
She thought she'd just met Santa Claus.
It was right after SHE SAID that
Someone else had called her a little tramp
And left her there as alone as I was, or thereabouts.
She wasn't going anywhere, it seemed,
And God knows I wasn't much.
She was overly inclined to drink and
She was equally disinclined to pay,
So she needed a lot of friends.
Together we made an undertow
Through that bar that night, though for her
it might as well have been through the nearest river.
We were, I guess, a disreputable pair,
Call it what you will,
She didn't like the whiskey and she didn't like me
And didn't want to pay (at first) for anything at all
When the darkness of night rolled around
In that cheap motel room!
Lord, she was a drunk.
But she liked to play with my belly
And bounce it against her own,
And like she used to hum relentlessly
In that boppy old Beatles song,
You know that can't be bad!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, a fit with style. Great misfit story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Ron! I like it.

    Was the old Beatles song
    "It's been a "Hard Day's Night" by any chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just jealous, but Lady so am I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may know your Beatles' titles, but not so good on lyrics.

    partial lyrics:

    She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
    She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
    She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

    You think you lost your love,
    When i saw her yesterday.
    It's you she's thinking of
    And she told me what to say.
    She says she loves you
    And you know that can't be bad.
    Yes, she loves you
    And you know you should be glad. ooh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touche (with an acute accent) LOL!
    I was concentrating "hard".

    But maybe it could have been

    Love, love me do
    You know I love you
    I'll always be true
    So please, love me do
    Whoa, love me do

    Love, love me do
    You know I love you
    I'll always be true
    So please, love me do
    Whoa, love me do

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twilight, anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gritty and real.
    You know I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smile when you say thet, pardner!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)