Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thank You, Masked Man!

This is the kind of thank-you note I sometimes get over on my help blog, "Most Frequent Blogger Questions". It's a typical note, not usually long, but pleasant! I love to get my thank-you's, even though they are from strangers. It must appeal to the Good Samaritan (or the Lone Ranger?) in me without me having to subscribe to any damn religion. It's just something that gets done, that's all. Sort of like the concept of good karma or that sticky movie, "Pay It Forward". Someday the karma may pay off--if not for me, then for someone else. It's worth the investment, because it's always a small thing on my side and often a very big deal to the other party! Information is a treasure in many senses. If you have it, it's good to give it. If you need it, it's a blessing to get it in a free and open exchange. Enough said. My hippie shoes are showing.

Here's that message: "Thanks for your article "how to implement permalinks" I spent four hours tearing my hair out trying to copy info etc and failing time after time - how simple it was when I did the copy shortcut thingy! Thanks you are a Gentleman!"


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's good when someone has the good manners and common curtesy to get back to say a thank you once in a while, makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Shrink! Actually, I get to where I can't live without them! Poor dumb bastard (me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!
    (That You are willing to help people.)

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)