Friday, March 24, 2006

Better, But Indefinite

I went to my primary physician today and found I’d been demoted back to seeing one of the CFNP’S (Certified Family Nurse Practitioner). I don’t mind, though, and certainly don’t feel insulted, as I like all of the medical people I’ve deal with at that clinic. I hadn’t been there for a month and needed to check in with them. I don’t think I discovered very much new.

He took blood again. Poked and prodded me a bit. He agreed that I’d been through some pretty thorough tests since he’d seen me 2 or 3 months earlier and agreed that it was a good sign that my weight seems stable and my blood sugar seemed under control. At least I haven’t lost weight for a month or two! He seemed to still consider it a bit mystifying what my weight loss was caused by, but was satisfied that things seemed good for the time being.

On the other hand, there doesn’t seem to be any thought that I am “cured” or well yet. Nonetheless, I don’t have to go back for 3 months now! That’s a long time. I don’t know whether that’s good, but I can always make an earlier appointment if anything good or bad starts to occur. I guess this seems very indefinite, but it’s all I’ve got. I’ll have to try to eat and regain some stamina. But that’s a hard damn thing to do. Maybe I’m better than 6 months ago or even 3 months ago, but I’m still feeble.

I’ve gotten word that my retirement (not large, but greatly needed) has been processed and my monthly annuity payments may begin within a few days! That would be a sort of psychological boost for me as well as being a help! I’ve been waiting for them to begin since November. I need to get back in charge of my own finances again even if I can’t get out from under my debts very fast.

What’s those lyrics that Country Joe and the Fish used to sing in their heyday—“Whoopee, we’re all gonna die!” Yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)