Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank You, America

If I believed in God, I’d suspect that God just used the people of Massachusetts to strike down the healthcare reform that democrats have been working on. Maybe they thought it was “in the bag”. God showed ‘em it wasn’t. It was His little joke.

I’m mad, though, because I’m one of those people who can’t currently get adequate health care and I’d have liked to see a change. I’m mad because I’d like to blame God, but I know it’s actually the fault of greedy, petulant, morally outraged, or just plain uninformed citizens all around the country. Everybody gets hot quick when they think somebody might get something they haven’t earned. I probably used to think the same way when I had a job that provided insurance, but I had the job when I was in good health. They don’t give any merit points for all the years I just worked and didn’t get sick. I thought I’d always be healthy and at least strong enough to stand up on my own, but that was a load of crap, wasn’t it? Thank you, America, you greedy fucking capitalist pig! I hope you roast in hell!

2 comments:

  1. Yes.....I'm with you all the way on this, Ron.
    It's a disgraceful scenario. This Land isn't your land, it's the corporations' land.
    Woody Guthrie knew it, way back when. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

    I've been horrified at the need in this country.
    People in the UK don't realise how bad it is - especially on the health care front. They don't realise how lucky they are to have the National Health Service. Of course, the corporations & pharmaceutical industry will never allow the USA to have something like that - it'd take away their golden goose.

    This makes me so, so angry. There needs to be a revolution - but there won't be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, surely the problem isn't that America is stupider than all the other countries who DO have some kind of universal health care, we just have politicians and voters who are meaner and greedier. Sometimes I don't really know what it is that we think we have to be so proud about!

    ReplyDelete

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)