Friday, October 09, 2009

It's A Pity

It's a pity that so many old friends lose track of me or that there's so many that I lose track of. Call it what you will or blame who you like, the fact's the same, either way. I guess there's about a third of them whom I blame for forgetting or denying me and about a third that I blame myself for no longer caring about them.

The final third is that unexciting group of people who used to be in my life, but whose passage I did not mark. Theyy never amounted to much, and now it would be hard to think about them, one way or the other. It isn't really possible to miss those people.

It's strange to me that more of my old acquaintances haven't died in all these years, but maybe many have and I simply don't know any mutual friends any more who would bother to notify me about their deaths. I guess there are many large chunks of my existence that have no "threads" of any kind to connect me to those old events, places, and people. And I guess that it's perfectly all right for things to be that way... At any rate, there's not a fucking thing I can do about it.



"Sooner or later, one of us must know
That I really did try to get close to you"
Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)