Friday, September 15, 2006

Jesus, How Things Change

Recent Gmail remark: "You are currently using 96 MB (4%) of your 2764 MB." I remember when I had to throw away emails on Yahoo in order to try to squeeze my ass down smaller to fit in that mere 6 MB! It was constantly letting me know that 4 MB was what everyone else on Yahoo was limited to, but I had apparently gotten into Yahoo in some former regime before they got stingy! I don't know if Gmail came along and tore them a new asshole, but somehow, after getting stingier, they All had some sort of breakthrough and could give us kabillions of MB! I suspect it was entirely a matter of the businessmen holding back while the technology was racing ahead at a rate businessmen couldn't imagine, at least not at first. Of course, I can remember further back to when I understood what email was and didn't have it. Secretly, I slavered. Excuse my vulgarity. I still sometimes drool, but THEN I slavered, you hear! I don't know how many millions of emails I've sent since then, but it's a lot. Don't take up with me unless you want to drown in emails! (Better than drowning in my slaver, I'd think.) So I'm really a nice guy if you think about it. Don't hold me accountable for being crazy, though. Hell, I remember writing letters by hand. Tons of letters. Used to be that my handwriting was legible (maybe even a little elegant) and not this crap you would see these days.

Everything passes, everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here! (At least put on your socks and pants.)